Cabbage paratha is a very popular north Indian recipe usually prepared for breakfast or sometimes lunch if someone is carrying a tiffin to the office or school. This is a flatbread made with the use of wheat atta and cabbage stuffing. It tastes well along with tomato sauce or pickles.
Best time to make
Morning Breakfast /Lunch /Tiffin
Whole wheat flour
Fresh Cabbage(Finely grated)
Red chili powder
Ginger (Finely chopped)
Garam masala powder
as per taste
Coriander leaves(Finely Chopped)
1. In a mixing bowl, take the whole wheat flour, and oil. Add water as per need to prepare a soft dough.
2. Cover the prepared dough to rest for 20-30 min.
3. To prepare the stuffing, first of all, take the cabbage, remove its outer layers and cut it into 4 quarters.
4. Now shred these cabbage pcs and make it fine for the stuffing solution.
5. In Kadai or pan, heat the oil.
6. Add cumin seeds and let them splatter.
7. Now add shredded cabbage and mix it well.
8. Cover the pan or Kadai with the lid and let the cabbage cook well.
9. Cook Cabbage till it becomes translucent. this takes 8-10 mins on low flame.
10. Add finely chopped green chilies, ginger, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
11. Mix the mixture well and add chopped coriander leaves before switching off the flame.
12. Now take the wheat dough and make a small ball of it.